Topband: No April Fools

Bob Garrett rgarrett at suscom.net
Thu Apr 1 06:08:11 EST 2004

Hi Gang,

Wow, great to work some new ones.  This morning I was very fortunate to work John, DU9/N0NM for no. 290 and six minutes later JD1YBJ for No. 291.  John was a good 559 through QRN and rain static.  The JD1 was about the same.  So good to see Topband in great condition in April.  Just a sign of better things to come.

Don't take down those beverages or roll up those radials just yet.

73, Bob K3UL

PS:  Have faith, my RX antennas are a two wire, 300 foot beverage and two ewe antennas.  It can be done with modest RX capabilities.