Topband: What an opening!

Jon Rudy-MCC Asia Peace Resource mccapr at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 2 09:12:02 EST 2004

Contrary to popular belief (and opinion) I can hear!

The opening last evening/morning in the US was spectacular and sustained.  I logged stations from coast to coast, Montana to Texas and all call areas except the NE W1. During the whole US sunrise session 23 stations were put in the log which is the biggest US opening ever in my nearly 2 years of low band operating from the Philippines.  I was using my 030 degree pennant most of the time as it yielded the lowest s/n.

Folks, its for payoffs like this that I sit hours calling CQ on 1828.3 up 1!

I will be on the regular time for the next few days and then will take a break during the Easter holiday (Thursday to Sunday).

73...jon

Jon Rudy
DU9/N0NM
Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines