Topband: vertical 160/80m

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.gov.pl
Sat Apr 17 08:43:28 EDT 2004

First of all THANKS for explanations Tom!

: The performance difference between a base loaded 90 ft vertical and top
: loaded is unimportant if the ground system is good.

I will have probably not the perfect radials system as I'm planning to have only about
40 radials /its an orchard and probably I'll have to remove radials during Spring-Autumn Season/.

: If you find performance on 80 lacking, you could use a 1/4 wl skirt for 80
: meters and feed it. Then you do not need traps, and the bandwidth would be
: much wider.

I'm not sure if I understand OK /sri -my English./. Does "1/4 wl skirt for 80" means
 a sloping wire 1/4 wl from the top of the mast? ...Could you explain me this?
/I have in my dictionary "skirt" as clothes HI/.
Anyway if it is as sloping 1/4 wire how far should be the end of it from the bottom
of the mast to avoid influence of 30m high tube? What angle will not make the radiating
characteristic worse?

                                  Rys SP5EWY