Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Fri Aug 20 00:58:24 EDT 2004

It seems to me that I've seen some discussion about running a wire on the ground along the length of a beverage to connect the grounds between the feedpoint and the termination.  Is this true?  This 1 wavelength beverage is 9' off what appears to be very high conductivity soil.  I'm using a transformer instead of resistors to terminate the end, which means I need a pretty good ground return to make it work correctly.  Would another run of wire help?

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com