Topband: Q: Measuring Height?

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Sat Aug 21 19:17:04 EDT 2004

Eric,

Your first comment is probably right -- mainly because the dimensions and
shape of a EWE can vary significantly and still provide a useful pattern.

For most antennas that interact with ground, behavior is more consistent
when the contours of the ground are followed -- this minimizes variations in
current by maintaining symmetry relative to ground.

I should limit the above statement to hillsides and typical ground slopes,
not radical terrain like deep ravines.

73, Gary
K9AY