Topband: Shunt Feed wire

EA2LU Jorge Daglio ea2lu at telefonica.net
Fri Aug 27 09:29:57 EDT 2004

Hi all, Is time to improve the 160m antennas, then I check my shunt feed tower with
the RX noise bridge and found it is up on frecuency (TAP is near the middle).
I think will be better to go up with the tap point , to start I will put it on the top
(near 27m high) and then down it if necessary.
But the trhouble is I have not wire enough (10mm diameter) to go there, then
my question is: ¿Could I use RG-213 with braid and center togheter for this purposse?
I remenber somebody use it but not sure, and ON4UN mention that wire diameter
has little influence only in the bandwidth.
Any opinion, would be greatly aprecciate.
Thanks you in advance.
73 de Jorge EA2LU