Topband: Beverage grounding over rock

Dave NØRQ (lists) n0rq-lists at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 23:36:21 EST 2004

I'm improving the grounding on my Beverages -- using 2  4' rods at the feed
and endpoint of each.  However, one of them (single-wire, terminated) ends at
a point where the ground is very rocky.  I can only get a ground rod in about
1 foot.  There is a standard barbed wire fence going by less than 10' away,
with normal T-posts.  Would hooking to it as a ground be of any use?  Or,
Should I just use 4 or 5  1' ground rods?  Or lay some bare copper wire on
the ground (I can't bury it)?  Or some combination?  Thanks.
--
Dave NØRQ