Topband: 80/160

W7lr at aol.com W7lr at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 15:31:11 EST 2004

HS72B was on 1815.5 around 1330z this morning, just out of the noise, but
could copy his cq and call. I am glad that they moved away from 1816.6 where a s6
digi signal is on in the mornings (ZL area?).  There were some callers around
1820 KHz, believe that KH6ZM made it.  Like W7IUV, my 1.5 kw and toploaded 90
footer are the firepower here, but it will take better condx for any hope on
160.  JT1CO HL3IUA UA0FZ and the JA have been loud the last couple of mornings
and all workable.  Cant hear VK9XG.
I have tried for 3 mornings to qso HS72B on 80, and this morning they peaked
s8 at more than an hour after our sunrise, for a qso. I had called for hours
previously.
Like others I appreciate the HS crew efforts - we just need those XZ
conditions.
73 Bob W7LR in MT