Topband: ARRL 160M Contest Sweep

Richard L. King k5na at texas.net
Sat Dec 11 20:00:03 EST 2004

Hi gang.

This past weekend in the ARRL 160M Contest I managed to work all 80 ARRL
sections. This was a first for me in 30 years of operating in the ARRL 160M
Contest.

I had previously worked VY1JA on 160M only once or twice before. But this
was the first time I worked him AND the other 79 ARRL sections in the ARRL
160M Contest to get the sweep. I noticed from the 3830 scores that there
were others that worked 79 sections. So many other people were close to
getting a sweep also.

My question is "Has anyone ever gotten a sweep of all sections in this
contest before"? Is this actually a first?

If anyone is wondering, 79 of the sections answered my CQ. The only section
I found was KV4FZ when he was CQing in the DX window.

73, Richard - K5NA

k5na at texas.net