Topband: Short Receive Antennas

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Tue Dec 14 07:16:56 EST 2004

I've used an MFJ-1026 (think this is the 1025 with a built-in whip) to null
broadband noise coming from my TV.  I found it worked very well for that
purpose, but had much less success when trying to null or peak signals on
160 using two external antennas.  The reason: too difficult to adjust the
gain and phasing controls on other than constant-carrier signals.  Probably
not impossible to do, just more trouble than I needed.  The manual warns
against using the RF sensing to do the T/R switching and urges you to use
the PTT line to switch the unit.

73, K8AC