Topband: buried radial problems.

Don K5AQ donhall at myriad.net
Sun Dec 19 21:18:25 EST 2004

Enzo,

I have a similar situation with a BC station on 1620 about 2km away. I use
the MFJ-731 SWR Analyzer Filter to help me find the resonance of the
vertical to a first degree. Then I use my rig and SWR meter to find the
resonance more closely.

I think you are getting completely erroneous data on your 259B because of
the BC station.
You might try repeating the tests at night when it is not on the air at all
to see if this gives you more reasonably readings.

You can reply offline to me directly if you want to discuss further.

73  Don  K5AQ