Topband: buried radial problems.

Enzo ik3swb at tiscali.it
Mon Dec 20 07:51:31 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

>Radials that are elevated or insulated need to be resonant...
The elevated radials are resonant, actually I put them up to discover why
the grounded system didn't work. The grounded ones have different lengths:
40m (131 f), 20m (66 f), 10m (33  f) and they are buried  5cm.

> Insulated wires laying on the ground will have an electrical length
> that is hard to predict so resonance length is problematic...
As they are insulated, should I put a little ground rod for each to perform
the efficency?

I also tried to tune the antenna using the directly RTX with 10W, but I
didn't solve the problem.

73 de ik3swb