Topband: 160m DXCC History

Steve Lawrence smlx at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 21 19:57:42 EST 2004

I've received a number of emails referencing numbered 160m DXCC
certificates. Many issued recently. So when I stated in my "160m DXCC
History" posting of Dec. 20, 2004:

"4) The DXCC desk stopped issuing numbered certificates a few years
ago. They are now dated only. This is for all DXCC awards, not just
160m."

I was not accurate. The DXCC FAQ website (
http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/faq/ ) clearly states:

"Q: I hear many different stories. What are the facts regarding awards
for 12, 17 and 30 meters?

A: Single band DXCC awards are available for 12, 17 and 30 meters.
There are also endorsements for the 5-Band DXCC for these bands. These
bands can also be used towards the various mode awards. Awards for 12,
15, 17, 20 and 30 meters are dated only. There are no sequential awards
numbers for these awards. These awards are all endorseable."

Sorry for the error. And thanks to all who replied.

73, Steve WB6RSE