Topband: buried radial problems.

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Thu Dec 23 09:21:50 EST 2004

Ken Brown wrote:

> > But the Kinstar patent changes all the rules.

> Excuse me, no offense intended, but THE RULES NEVER CHANGE. This is
> physics. Sometimes we discover that what we thought were the rules need
> some refinement. The Kinstar design just applies the rules differently
> to some advantage. The notion that the rules have changed is what is so
> often claimed by antenna marketeers, and unfortunately many hams fall
> for it. The laws of physics are solid.

Just had a quick look at
http://www.kintronic.com/site/techpapers/KTL_NAB_Paper.pdf

Must admit that I failed to see anything new,
let alone revolutionary in the design shown on Figure 1.

I can only see the good old shortened vertical
with four top loading wires. The fact that the vertical
section is split into four vertical wires spaced
radially 5 feet from the center and carrying one qurter
of the total current changes almost nothing.

Current distribution remains the same,
along with radiation pattern, efficiency, etc.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA