Topband: Questions regarding RX Antennas

Bob Tellefsen n6wg at comcast.net
Mon Dec 27 13:31:20 EST 2004

Scott
You have several options available to you, depending on how much
real estate you have to work with.
The ideal would be a series of Beverages, but few of us have the room
this takes.
The K9AY loops work well, and a pair can be mounted at right angles.
With each being reversible, you get coverage in 90 degree steps.
Out here on the west coast, i just look east, so a fixed Flag loop does the
job for me.
You could also experiement with a tuned rotatable loop.  I built one that
is about 4.5 ft on a side, and it has about the same sensitivity as my Flag
loop.  Plus I can rotate it to reduce local noise or a very strong station.
Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG