Topband: Receivers, Noise Blankers and Key Clicks

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Feb 4 17:30:05 EST 2004

At 03:43 PM 2/4/04 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>In the FT1000MP MK V, you have to go into a menu and change a NB setting to
>reduce NB gain. The only reason the MK V tests so much worse than other
>top-end Yaesu's for narrow spaced signal performance is the menu setting of
>the NB. Moving one resistor to a new location eliminates the need to get
>into the hidden menu to change NB gain.

So then if I don't ever use the blanker, and have both the A and B gains
set to zero, I don't need to mess with R2046 at all?  That would be a
relief, because I was about to do the combined key click/NB mod on my Mark
V, and didn't really like the idea of removing the SMD R2046 from the PC board.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm