Topband: 9 Feb west coast 160 condx

Rudy Severns rudys at ordata.com
Mon Feb 9 17:15:58 EST 2004

For those of us on the west coast last night was a real but rare
treat.  From Oregon I was able to work DL6RAI, DL5RBW, DF2PY, F5IN and
I2ZFD without much difficulty.   Wolf of course was quite strong,
solid 569-579.   The other stations were 449 or 559 at best.

We also had a brief event like this during the CQ 160 contest where I
was able to into YU, again without much trouble.  But that opening
shut down real quick!

I noticed that the east coast and Midwest stations seemed to be
non-existent or very weak.  This is a condition we see occasionally
where the east coast fades and the band opens to Europe.  No
explanation what's going on but we sure love it!  It does seem to
correspond to low K and A values.

73, Rudy N6LF