Topband: BDR redux

Oleg Skydan skidan at mail.ints.net
Tue Feb 10 08:02:20 EST 2004

Hi, Bob,

I have made a lot of experiments with my AGC design in my T03DSP transceiver
(http://users.ints.net/skidan/T03DSP/ ).

The latest experiment was with the AGC static response. I tryed a system
where
weak signal (below S7) are less compressed by AGC then the strong one.
(4dB:1dB below S7 and 25dB:1dB above S7).

I have found no much difference in the performance compared to the system
where
all signals are compressed equally (10dB:1dB). I found that compression of
about 10 dB:1dB
works fine.

I would suggest to pay more attention to the AGC dynamic characteristics. I
have less
problems with it since my AGC system is all digital and forward type. In the
closed loop
system the system with less gain can benefit not from the "slope at the low
end", but from the
better dynamic characteristics.

All the best,
Oleg