Topband: beverage running over a cyclone fence??

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 12 01:24:59 EST 2004

Troy,

At a previous QTH  in Delaware I ran a 660-ft Beverage at about 10 feet high, over cyclone fence that was 4ft high  for most of the length of the Beverage. This was switchable as a single-wire Beverage either NW or SE and worked find. I heard and worked lots of DX, including JAs.

My European Beverage at that QTH had a 6-ft high cyclone fence just a few feet away from it for about two-thirds of its length, and this wire too heard lots of DX.

Both exhibited typical Beverage f/b.

73/Jon AA1K