Topband: Conditions last night

Ron Spencer ronspencer at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 15:42:48 EST 2004

Seems a two edged sword. I recall listening to many dx pile ups where the dx
station takes tail enders. I've sat there waiting my turn to call only to be
put back in the line by someone who tail ends. I too believe that if it is
done correctly, and by that I mean not interfering with the ongoing QSO,
then its a very valid technique in working DX.

The problem, of course, is when it's not done correctly. However, the
"power" is in the DX stations hands. They can accept tail end calls and work
them, they can choose to go split or they can work simplex. It is up to them
to manage their pile up. Its up to us to find the most effective method of
working them without stomping on someone else's QSO.

Ron
N4XD