Topband: spots and messy pileups

wa4dou at juno.com wa4dou at juno.com
Thu Feb 19 20:12:08 EST 2004

As regards spotting, I don't like it and I don't use it. I believe in the old adage " listen, listen, listen." Spotting reminds me of some deer hunters who surround an large area and use dogs and CB radio to "maximize" their hunting experience. The Honor Roll and other objectives will come later for me but its not absolutely essential that I work them all with no wait. I doubt that I'm the only one who thinks or feels this way. And nothing compares to being there and hearing the dx come on prior to "the word going out."
  73 Roy WA4DOU