Topband: Analog to Digital converter for 1.8MHz

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jul 2 11:38:35 EDT 2004

You certainly want to bandpass filter the input
to get rid of AM BCB signals.  Assuming a passband
250 kHz wide and a stopband 500 kHz wide, you only
need to sample at 1 MSample/s.  (Of course you still
need an "analog bandwidth" of at least 1.8 MHz.)
However, the dynamic range of 71.5 dB may not do
so well in a contest with lots of strong signals.

Rick N6RK