Topband: Re: 160 Receivers/ testing

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Fri Jul 2 23:05:37 EDT 2004

All of this about the new components, block receiver design, etc. makes me
return to my years old dream of having a receiver symposium at Dayton, just
a day prior to the Hamvention, fully devoted to talks about receiver design,
etc. Preceeded by a night of testing, say one of each stock receivers, and
then whatever homebrew receivers people put together.  I'll even pay for a
trophy or two.

Rules are that you have to have a power point short talk reqady to present
the next day if asked detailing what you have done and a short written
summary for publication later by the League.

Testing something like:  Measuring noise floor and adding enough attenuation
to bring the RX floor to some common level.  Then dynamic range and other
testing from there.  Close in measurements for both SSB and CW.  Will leave
designing those tests to Tom and the pros.

Symposiums such as the 4 Days in May thing and VHF and Microwavers are a
real hit.  An occasional 160 version could be a real blast.

N0UU