Topband: Switch for 160 meter antenna

Mirko Sibilja s57ad at amis.net
Sun Jul 18 11:28:33 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,

several years ago I saw interesting approach by S53R, who made 80m vertical
split in the middle (at 33' level), with linear loading "coil" (neccessary
length of wire in extended "C" shape) attached to both halves of 80m
vertical, and relay in N/C state shortening linear loading for working on
80m. That stuff worked pretty well on both bands, but required extensive
guying due to "weak point" in the middle of the vertical. Maybe that would
help.

73 de Mirko, S57AD