Topband: Help needed: Windom & MFJ-259B measurements

Thomas Herrmann DL1AMQ at web.de
Fri Jul 23 06:52:27 EDT 2004

I wonder if my MFJ-measurements on TopBand-Windom (FD4, off center fed dipole, ...) are correct. How the results should be while checking both resonance frequency (advanced mode => X=0 ) and impedance (normal mode).

I measured at the feed point both with/without Baluns (1:1; 1:4; 1:6) without getting an clear indication of resonance frequency, harmonic frequencies and inpedanz. How to do it correctly ?

Thank You in advance,
73 de Thomas, DL1AMQ