Topband: two wires Beverage

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 29 15:38:07 EDT 2004

Ryszard Tymkiewicz wrote:
> Hmm...it seems Tom has been right /again/ and I wanted to have
> good solution in too easy way.
> Thanks Jacques and Ulli for measurements..the values of looses
> are so high that probably will " bury my idea " too..pity this line is so strong and cheap.
>
>                   73 and GL with Aves /I still need it/
>
>                            Rys
>                          SP5EWY

Hi Rhys....

I guess I missed you at Friedrichshafen. Maybe next time!

I purchased a 1/2 mile of WD1A/TT field wire from Fair Radio Sales in
Ohio. This is a parallel conductor wire insulated with polyethylene. See
below description:

http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/MilSpec/Docs/MIL-DTL-49104/dtl49104.pdf

I am planning to try this as a reversable beverage. I calculated the Zo
as about 120 ohms.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)