Topband: 1/2 Mile Super Loop?

Brian Campbell VY2MGY at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 5 17:49:19 EDT 2004

Please excuse the "Dupe" if you read this on the Contest Reflector but
I don't think everyone may subscribe to it on this reflector.

I am thinking of putting up a 2000' [ 500' X 500' ] loop up in the woods at
our place for the fall contest season. The loop will be at @ 70' and fed
with RG8U-LL
from the shack. The plots and data [ lobes and gain ] on EZNEC look
promising but I
am wondering if anyone out there has ever tried this antenna or one like
it??
Or heard from someone who has??

It will produce 9.41 dbi at 50 degrees and has beamwidth of  37.8 degress
from 28.5 to 66.3 degrees. Which [ with 100w ] would be just under 800w.

I may just have to put it up and just try it to see how it  works  [ or
not ] on the bands.

73 Brian
VE3MGY