Topband: Delaware in phone contest

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 5 01:57:45 EST 2004

A number of DX stations were wondering where was Delaware in the CQ 160m phone contest.

I have advised them that, as always in phone contests, I was active above 1843 kHz in accordance with the ARRL Band Plan for 160 meters. I worked many stations transceive -- many of them above 1900 kHz -- and some split (they were transmitting below 1843 kHz and listening up).

Unfortunately this year it seemed many more USA stations were transmitting below 1843, just to work other USA stations, and QRMing the weaker DX stations.

I encourage everyone to cooperate with the band plan to make it easier for all of us to hear the DX.

CU in the ARRL DX test (above 1843!)

73/Jon AA1K