Topband: Re: Topband phone contest

John Bohnovic bohnovic at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 15:14:53 EST 2004

And if someone doesn't like contesting, he can operate outside the band
plan and bootleg other callsigns. It could become a BIG problem trying to
determine if a station operating outside the band plan was really who the
callsign indicated it was.

If this was a viable solution I think the contest sponsors would have
implemented it already.

Let's face it, we are stuck with this being a "gentleman's agreement".

I'm not on Top Band yet, but one of these days I will be.

73..de John/K4WJ

At 09:18 AM 3/5/04, Ragnar Otterstad wrote:

>"Be respectful of on-going conversations, nets and bands
>plans.  With the higher bands being open for less time these days, the lower
>bands become more crowded. Don't let the heat of competition substitute for
>good operating procedures and courtesy."
>
>Personally I think they should disqualify anyone violating the ARRL bandplan
>since the bandplan is the ARRL's idea of what "life should be like" and it
>is an ARRL sponsored contest.
>
>73 Tom
>

>AMEN !
>
>+  IARU   Region 1 bandplan.