Topband: EA9IE

George & Marijke Guerin gmguerin at voyager.net
Tue Mar 9 08:58:56 EST 2004

Hello Topbanders,

Juan, EA9IE, told me he would be on every morning this week on 1842 before
his sunrise ~0637 zulu.  He said he would not be active on the weekend.
Juan was calling CQ just before 0500 and by the time he was posted on the DX
Summit he had a big pile-up.
He moved to 1845 to avoid some local QRM, and worked many of the deserving
for a new 160 meter country.  He was 59+ according to many east coasters.
He was a solid 58 here in Michigan at 0512 when I got my contact.
If you have his QSL card on the wall, please call your buddies who need
EA9 - Ceuta & Melilla, instead of making another QSO.  He has been
reportedly had a strong signal as far west as Colorado and Arizona in the
last week or so.

Good luck,    73        George    K8GG