Topband: 3B9C Rodrigues Dxpedition

G3SED at aol.com G3SED at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 13:47:00 EST 2004

Hi all,
Just a quick reminder that Don G3XTT and I fly out tomorrow ( Monday 15th
March ) to Rodrigues Island with the rest of the team for our 3B9C Dxpedition.

We will be running a dedicated 160 metre station using a Titanex V160S
vertical on the beach just a few feet from the sea. We have a Yaesu FT1000 MKV plus
Titan amp and a selection of rx antennas.

I guess just as with D68C a few years ago, we will be fighting the high QRN
levels in the region, but hopefully with two beverages, and a pair of K9AY
loops we may have a chance.

We will not use pilots this time, instead you can E mail your comments
directly to us on the Island at :- deserving at 3B9C.com. We cannot reply to individual
E mails but will post relevant responses daily on our web site at :-
www.3B9C.com.

Don and I look forward to working many of you on 160 metres - we hope to
start operating from 2000z Friday 19th March (if all 16 stations are set up and
ready to go). We should be active for about 3 weeks

73's

Mike G3SED