Topband: Modeling a shunt fed tower with EZNEC

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 19 19:14:43 EST 2004

W6IZT wrote:

>K6SE made a very good point, the segments of the shunt wire and the tower
>need to be in alignment.

         This is very simple to do.  Since you must segment your tower
into the portion above the tap point from the portion below (to ensure
the tap has a valid connection), you simply assign the same number of
segments for the vertical Gamma wire as you do for the wire representing
the portion of the tower below the tap.

         Glad it worked for you Gregg.  As I said before, I designed
constructed and erected my 3-element parasitic all in one day using
my existing tower as the driven element.  Being able to put the Gamma
tap where it matched 50 ohms exactly meant I only had to make one trip
up to the 86' tap point.  I was frankly astounded when I saw how good
the SWR was (5w reflected out of 1500w forward).

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV