Topband: 3B9C Heard in Florida

Bill Hohnstein KØHA k0ha at navix.net
Tue Mar 23 18:54:23 EST 2004

> 3B9C was Q5 here in Phoenix for about 2 minutes but I could not break thru
> the W9's who must have had excellent propagation.
> N7RT

Amazing conditions last night (local).  3B9C was copied until 0201z (10 minutes
after their sunrise) on 160M here in Nebraska.  Uncertain copy after that.  They
stayed at least 20 dB over my noise level for extended periods.  He was standing
by for "WEST NA," but everyone not in a state not touching the Atlantic Ocean
appeared to feel that they were west--the pileup was huge.  I heard them work
several Colorado stations and a few 7's (not all of which had 7-land locations).
Their best signal so far on 10M followed this morning...

73,  Bill     K0HA