Topband: 3B9C In Florida/ Receive Antennas

W2pm at aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 22:43:32 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/25/2004 9:59:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
n6wg at comcast.net writes:

> Some folks are situated where they can place their Flag or Pennant
> loop with the null at the rear toward the TX vertical.  This probably
> helps to some degree also.

Yes, this works with a full Pennant as well as the smaller versions of
Pennants and Flag - both against the transmitting antenna AND a power line. I now
have three rx antennas aimed forward to the target areas as well as nulled to
local noise sources and have found the rear null to be height sensitive - but
not have found any uniform correlation of height to all noise sources - each
have to be addressed indivdually.