Topband: SGC-230 on 160m (G4PUQ@aol.com)

Tom Norris r390a at bellsouth.net
Mon May 31 22:41:52 EDT 2004

Peter, I had problems with "drift" on my SG-230
despite all the radials and grounding and such,
and found the only way I could use it on 160
was to build a "smart lock" circuit. Initially
it would match fine, then would "hunt" after
I transmitted for a while - the Smart Lock
keeps it from tuning once you have found a
good match. The sgcworld.com website has
a schematic in case you want to build one,
it is quite simple.

73

Tom NU4G