Topband: Chesterfield - back home

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 1 11:38:36 EST 2004

Hi Dieter,

	Nice job under very difficult circumstances!  You
had a FB signal on the 17th and I made a recording here:
http://users.vnet.net/btippett/topband_sounds.htm

	The problem we had on this end on the 18th
and later was a large thunderstorm cell over middle
USA.  On the 18th, I thought I could hear a little from
you when you were only using 200W, but with the
QRN it was impossible to copy.  On the 19th it was
again impossible due to QRN.

	I feel very lucky to have worked you on the one
day we had a chance.  Thanks for all the hard work
and your persistence!  I think this was country #2 due
to you (D68DV was the other).

				73,  Bill  W4ZV