Topband: Receivers

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sun Nov 14 10:06:39 EST 2004

> I still have my TS-940S (bought in 1984) as a backup and
SO2R radio. I ran many A/B tests when I first got the
FT1000MP and found the 940 very close to the MP in pulling
out weak signals on 160.

Not only that, there was a profound change in Jon's
bandwidth here when he went from his 940 to the MP. When Jon
used the 940 I never heard any clicks off frequency when I
used good receivers. The moment he went to the MP clicks
were quite noticeable even 1-1/2 kHz away.

It's quite evident the 940 is very clean on CW transmit
without any work. I wish Yaesu would wise up.

73 Tom