Topband: 9N7BCC in EU wid RX prob.

Dr .Wolf Ostwald df2py at t-online.de
Sun Nov 21 06:15:00 EST 2004

Hi Reflectees !
Yesterday the Nepalesian DX-ped made an appearance on topband.They were unexpectadely loud for a long time. About S 7 on a RX antenna and over S 9 on the TX array.
They only managed to work a few Russians and had no copy of all of Europe calling.They even could not read the big guns further east ! I suspect that the K9AY loops with preamps are overloaded by local AM stations, which are a few around that area. I guess that its a pure "frontend overload" that made their Rx deaf.If somebody could give them a hint it sure would help tremendously. Deducting from the cndx of yesterday, we can clearly say, its not getting any better than this. The trick will be to reduce their noise problem.
good hunting !    de wolf   df2py