Topband: Beverage antenna static discharge

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:05:35 EST 2004

After  losing my beverage transformer to lightning, I rebuilt it and
inserted it into the base of a defunct 807, so that it became a plug-in
coil.  Whenever the beverage is not in use and there is any threat of
t-storm activity, I  simply pull the coil out of the socket and store it in
the box that shelters the coil assembly.  It has endured some severe nearby
lightning strikes in the last 2 years with no further mishap.