Topband: modified hy-tower help

Paul Playford w8aef at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 29 15:46:57 EST 2004

What are you using for a counterpoise?  If elevated radials they will have
an affect.  Or you may have something else in the vicinity that is affecting
your resonant frequency.

I started with a base loaded Hytower on 160m but found a high voltage point
between the top of the tower and the stinger.  My 1500 watts blew a big hole
in the insulator.  I removed the stinger, replaced it with about 30 feet of
2" aluminum mast and added 4 wires for top loading.  I use 4 elevated
resonant radials and trimmed the top loading wires for resonance.  Works
great.

de Paul, W8AEF