Topband: HS72B more thoughts

wb6tza at socal.rr.com wb6tza at socal.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 14:31:41 EST 2004

A couple good points I skipped

We will change our QSX to something between 25 and 30 during the 1030Z-15Z NA time, please listen and watch posts.  The freq may change on the fly as there are wandering birdies that come to visit

we can not transmit above 25.0 (80M is even odder- 3500-3505, 3523-3536 only, so SSB will be in CW segment, no option)

Please do look around our sunrise, the noise is typically lower

Please DO spread slightly, up to +- 150-200 Hz is well within our passband

Please do spot us when you have good info.

We do read the reflector posts, we are very interested in who hears us when and from what direction

160TX is K-2 + TL922 - just barely a KW with a tailwind, 3/8 wire vertical under a BIG balloon (that part went FB once we got the helium) with a dozen or so full length radials.

Rx ants all come in and are bandsplit with ICE filter/splitters, selector switch output is then band filtered into a ICE or similar preamp... there's a huge spaghetti farm of RG6 on the wall

robin