Topband: Bev. antenna cores

Chuck Hutton charlesh3 at msn.com
Sun Oct 3 19:56:21 EDT 2004

Assuming you didn't transmit into it, it's almost impossible to saturate a
ferrite toroid. Also, I don't see how saturation would cause the antenna to
stop working, assuming "not working" means "no signal". With saturation,
ferrites lose initial permeability but I've not yet run across one that lost
it all and would not function to some degree.

I don't know about your location, but for me I lost transformers only due to
nearby lightning. I tended to use very fine wire (30 GA or less) which could
not take any nearby hit (a habit I have changed) - maybe you've suffered
from that?

Chuck