Topband: 9L1ADA

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 18 14:26:48 EDT 2004

Hi Bill,

I've managed to get a license on Friday and put a long wire sloping towards
north-west direction, a couple of hundred meters from the sea.
The antenna is around 60m long and tuned with the AT-120 on all bands. My
100 w signal has been heard both in NA and EU, so if there are no
thunderstorms, I hope to work some more stations  on top band. So far only
19 stations worked on 160m. I could hear many EUs last night, but they
could not copy me. Will try to CQ on 1823 or 1829 (if not QRL) and listen
UP 1 if I get some response.

73 Ivo 9L1ADA

PS QSL info not via 5B4ADA as posted on the dx cluster - I have moved to
Italy and my new address can be found under 9L1ADA callsign on QRZ.COM.
ADA is just to refresh my fond memories from Cyprus, HI.