Topband: Need advise on new antenna

Earl W Cunningham k6se at juno.com
Sat Oct 23 22:44:10 EDT 2004

Yuri, VE3DZ wrote:

"I recently decided to replace my half sloper with something else.  My
choices are:

1. To feed my 56' self-supported Trylon tower (with TH6DXX on a top at
60')

2. Inverted L with vertical part of about 50-55'.

Which would be the better one in regards of performance and ability to
tune."
Shunt feed the tower.  My TH6DXX at 75' makes an excellent top-loader.

"How about radials? Considering they all will be on the ground, do they
need to be of exact length (tuned) or random length?  My lot is small,
only 50' x 120' and the portion of backyard where actually the tower
stands is approx.50' by 50' so I can't put 120' long radials..."