Topband: More not dead yet

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Apr 2 11:58:05 EST 2005

Last night - UA6LV was once again coming through at sunset.  I
think the fact that his sunrise and my sunset are getting pretty
close together might have something to do with his signal.  It
was better than I have ever heard a UA6.  He was coming through
at 0300z - but I couldn't get anything more than a few "?"s
out of him.

A couple of the Italian stations also had good signals, I2BBJ and
IV3PRK, but once again, they could not hear me.  I suspect they
were dealing with QRN.

Kees, PA0CLN was able to hear to me.

The G and GM's never did peak up very well.  I know N7UA worked them
and a few others, but they were not even visible on Spectran here.

The band was quiet enough that I felt like I could work the 5Z, but
it didn't appear he was QRV.  Also, the T77 would have been a good
catch, but he just wasn't making it to Oregon.

Will be listening again tonight just after sunset to see what
happens next.  I have my beverage reconfigured so I can use it
towards the northeast after moving it for the FT5.

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree at kkn.net