Topband: Boring Report - 3-April

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Apr 3 00:37:33 EST 2005

Band started off sounding excellent.  Noise was way down and the pileup
calling S9SS was very loud even 45 minutes before sunset.  S9SS started
being heard right around sunset - but some turkey kept sending dahs on
top of him during most of my sunset peak.  He faded after a awhile and
went QRT before his sunrise - so no luck.

However, UA6LV finally made it into the log at 0255z, as did another 7
Europeans.  Conditions felt just like a good opening in December.

Very nice to hear Clive, GM3POI, on the band.  He had a very nice
signal for well over an hour.

This this is the 4th night in a row that I have heard Europe, and the
2nd out of 4 that I have heard Africa - and I even heard the PYs and
R1ANN for South America tonight.

Tree N6TR/7
tree at kkn.net