Topband: Broadband vertical

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Mon Apr 4 22:24:05 EDT 2005

Hello All:

I'm moving ahead with my plans to shunt feed a tower, and have it functional by next fall.

A question occurs about how much of the 160 meter band can be covered when shunt-feeding.

While my primary intent would be to work a bit of DX on the low end of the band, I have various groups that I like to rag-chew with well up the band.

Is it possible to design a matching unit (perhaps a bit complex) that will cover most of the band (possibly augmented with an in-shack antenna tuner)?

TNX.

Barrie, W7ALW