Topband: Broadband vertical

Howard Klein howk2 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:02:47 EDT 2005

A question occurs about how much of the 160 meter band can be covered when
shunt-feeding.
Is it possible to design a matching unit (perhaps a bit complex) that will
cover most of the band (possibly augmented with an in-shack antenna tuner)?
Barrie, W7ALW

Using a gamma match with an 80 ft tower and a couple of booms (I retract the
elements on a stack of SteppIRs)  I am able to cover about 60khz, 30 khz
each side of my sweet spot. When I need to move further I switch in a match
box which allows me an additional 40 khz.
Howard..K2HK