Topband: zl3ix and my new QRM+ DF

Marc Wullaert marc.wullaert3 at pandora.be
Fri Apr 8 07:18:27 EDT 2005

Missed zl3ix for nr 195 on top on 6 april.Yesterday not a peep.
Lay down the BOG yesterday evening for the ZL.Very difficult
that direction because the field is already growing with wheat.
So I have to be very carrefull to roll out the bog.Hit the shack
and called on UHF Mark ON4WW.Ghess wat ? I was1 hour to
late for the peak on the zl sunrise! Damn.But Zl3IX did not show up.

I also have some big QRM constantly day in day out on 160m now on the tx
antenna.
a high noise (s9) popped some time with some very sort beeps(dits) and/or
bigg cracks
like thunderstorms qrm.

On this page you can see my df system i'm using to find qrm.
http://users.telenet.be/on4ma/df/
Could some one explain how to use it with the telescopic antenna ?There
is also a bearing under the magnetic antenne who can be rotated to null out.
What is the purpose off the telescopic antenna or the the terminal EXT ANT
at the back ?
I dont have a manual for this one and there is no manufacter  only a serial
nr
and made in Japan.

Marc on4ma

http://users.telenet.be/on4ma