Topband: Turning a 160 Inv-L into a 160/80 Inv-L

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 12 17:41:16 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:05:35 -0400, Eric Rosenberg wrote:

>I'd like to make this antenna useable on 80m too

Have you tried loading it on 80 as is?  My top-loaded end-fed wire
(really an 80/40 dipole with both sides of the feedline tied
together) works VERY well on 80 with nothing more than my Ten Tec
tuner. Who knows how high or low the angle of radiation is, but it
works better than my dipole in many directions, and does well from
Chicago to the west coast (roughly 2,000 miles).  I would try some
comparative signal reports before doing too much to modify it.

Jim K9YC